


For those of you who have never seen my Gabriel act silly, here is a brief glimpse. We had quite a day this week. Gabriel woke up from his nap around 3:00 p.m. and was in the mood to look at books in his room. I let him take a lot of the books out and look through them for a while-maybe 20 minutes or so. Our idea was that he was to put them back afterwards. Well, he did not. I told him he couldn't come downstairs until his bedroom was clean. (I had no idea the cleaning of the bedroom started this early.) He decided to go back upstairs for another two hours-that's right two hours-and make a mess and clown around. He must have found this costume from last Fall somewhere in his room. He came downstairs looking and acting extra silly. He told me he was using his imagination. Around 6:00 p.m., he finally had his room cleaned up with enough time to play with daddy. That was his motivation. He loves playing with daddy when he comes home from work. I had to get a snapshot of what was entertaining him upstairs for almost three hours of room cleaning time.

No comments:
Post a Comment