Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gabriel's First Day of First Grade


 Gabriel:  Adventurous, Outgoing, Silly, Full of Zeal, Courageous
Loves:  Family time, Baseball, Church, School
Worships: Jesus!  He loves the Lord!
And adores his Daddy.  Wants to be just like him!





He is so ready about starting school.  He's just ready to go.  I asked him how he felt this morning.  Excited?  Nervous?  His response, "I'm just ready to start school."  I think he is ready to start this new chapter in his life and meet some new friends.


The parking lot was packed in front of the school: much like it was on "Meet the Teacher" night.  There were tons of Moms and Dads there dropping of their kiddos on the first day of school.  So, we walked a little ways and enjoyed our morning talk along the way.  And we prayed: putting on our armor before we entered the building!


 Like last year, Gabriel wasn't a big fan of me snagging his picture in front of his peers on the first day of school.  But I had to capture a few pictures of my Gabriel on his first day.  So, I took a lot of the back of his head:)



And he warmed my heart by letting me take one picture of him by his locker: the front of his face!  He turned and looked at me with a big smile on his face.  And I was glad I had my camera in hand and was ready to snap a picture.  He smiled and I clicked the camera.  My handsome boy is ready to begin his day with all his new friends and teacher, Mrs. Rosales.


Gabriel beginning his new adventure at Sendera Ranch Elementary as a Longhorn. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh!! That face by his locker!! Too much!! I envy all the mommy fun you get to have!