Magic wands and wolf ears:)
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! Only at the Greatwolf Lodge!
Enjoying storytime:)
Resting with her Sammy the Squirrel after coming home.
After church on Sunday, we surprised the kids with a visit to the Greatwolf Lodge. They had no idea, and they were so excited when we pulled up into the parking lot. Gabriel remembers his time there when he was five, but Brooklyn didn't remember at all. She was so excited when she heard that we were going swimming and that she got to wear her bathing suit again:) We checked in and unloaded our things. Justin said to go on down to the pool with the two older ones, and he would stay back and let Case take a nap for a little while. We were gone for about two hours and came back up to the room to find a surprise. Justin was completely sick. Like totally sick and not able to function. We debated whether or not to leave the hotel and go home, but we decided to make the most of it. Justin was a trooper for sticking it out. I continued to play with the kids downstairs and Justin and Case came a long for a little while that evening. That evening, we didn't get much sleep, and Justin was getting worse. When we woke up, I ventured out with all three kids to the pool area while Justin slept. When we were leaving, Gabriel said to Daddy, "I'll ride some slides for you. I hope you feel better." That must have been good medicine for him. Gabriel was riding the slides all by himself while I played with Case and Brooklyn. We were all playing in the wave pool when Daddy showed up. The kids were so excited to see him, and I was surprised he was standing on two feet. He mustered up all his energy and rode the slides with Gabriel for about thirty minutes. Justin just couldn't miss this opportunity with him on those slides. We played for a little while longer with our magic wands and club cub crafts. Then we headed home. Justin was sick for the next three days, and the kids and I recooperated for an entire day. A day of rest!

No comments:
Post a Comment