Thursday, August 9, 2012

Winter Break Fun


There's this special place in Forney:  a home within a subdivision that has a house with thousands of lights displayed with music.  They collect canned goods for the local food pantry and Santa comes to visit too.  Its a wonderful neighborhood activity.
Brooklyn and Gabriel working hard on their Gingerbread House.  I think most of it goes in their mouth.  Its a family tradition to always do one together.





When Honey came to visit, she came with Christmas gifts for the kids.  They had so much fun opening their presents and spending time with their Honey.  After we opened gifts, we brought her to the special house with the singing lights. 




Brooklyn enjoyed putting "The Polar Express" train together this year.  She would sit and assemble and then disassemble it all.  This would go on for days.  She enjoyed playing with the little carribou that it comes with too.  Then we showed her the book and movie, and she was all about The Polar Express.


Gabriel taking the time to read his little sister a special book just for her:  What Is a Princess?  This book has become her new favorite that we read almost every night.  She will repeat it back to me throughout the day:  A princess is kind.  A princess likes to dress up. 


Brooklyn has become very interested in getting all dressed up and looking very princess like.  She likes to wear her little skirts and pretty shoes and likes to hear us say, "Wow, Brooklyn.  That looks beautiful!  It is so pretty!"  She has her own since of style.  She loves hats, sunglasses, and acessories.




Case Noble.  I call him my handsome little man.  He is so cute.  I think he looks a lot like Justin with a hint of Gabriel.  I tried to find the resemblance to mommy with no success.  But he is so chill and calm.  Maybe he takes after me with that.  I'm calm.  I think?


Case's first bath.  He did pretty well.  I don't think any baby likes getting undressed and put into a pool of water.  Then, taking them out of the bath into the chilly air doesn't really make them happy either.  But, soaking in the water is nice.  And this is the part Case seemed to like too.


My little Brooklyn's since of style.  Let's see:  she's wearing a long sleeve shirt and pants with a ballerina dress and green ski cap; topped off with a pirates patch and brown boots.  Very pretty!
Oh!  We can't forget her favorite part of the outfit:  a cold sippy cup of milk-her favorite.


My two handsome little boys:)

No comments: